SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bgaviator

Easiest Clematis to take care of?

bgaviator
11 years ago

I have been considering ripping out the Variegated Porcelain Berry Vine I planted last year. I am not too happy with it. Within its first year it's lost all its variegation, and I don't think it's very interesting. I have it growing on a back wall with a trellis structure I made using an old wooden ladder that I cut into multiple sections, and have clear fishing line running across for additional support.
It's on an east wall of the house, so it gets morning sun, and will be decently shaded by late afternoon.
Here's the thing.....I want EASY! I get confused by the 3 different categories of Clematis.......I always try to plant things that are pretty maintenance free because I am doing this at my in-law's house....and they don't garden. Never have, never will. So I need something that I really don't have to do much with once it's planted. If no such Clematis exist, that's fine, I will look for other options. I have included a picture of the hillside with the trellis I made in the back. This picture was taken between 3-4pm I believe, and you can see how much shade the top part of the hill is getting now. Thanks.

Comments (7)