SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
puglvr1

Bare rooting questions...

puglvr1
12 years ago

Hi everyone, its been years since I've done any bare rooting on a fruit tree (I've done many Jades/Succulents/Hoyas) but haven't done a large fruit in quite a while. I'm going to repot it into Al's Gritty Mix. Can you guys refresh my memory on how long I should keep it in the shade to slowly acclimate it? Although, its not a Citrus I bare rooted...(its acutually a Mango tree). I've been out of practice and can't remember how long I should give it some shade while it recuperates from all the strees of removing all the old Peat soil off the roots. Honestly, I hope I haven't killed it already! Wish me luck!

Few pictures so you can see what I did...On the Third picture does the trunk height look okay?

I decided to put the post here since there are a lot more people that bare root Citrus on this forum and Mango is close enough...same care and etc.

Honestly, I have to be very honest...I was really nervous about the whole bare rooting process in fear of killing this tree...I've wanted this dwarf variety for a while. I sure hope it does okay.

{{gwi:572236}}

{{gwi:572237}}

{{gwi:572238}}

Any other tips you can share I would truly appreciate, Thanks All!!

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting