SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
morbe_gw

Mexican Lime Stopped Producing fruit

morbe
12 years ago

Hello Everyone.

I will admit I am not a gardener nor do I have a green thnumb it seems I'm only slightly lucky when planting plants. Some things grow some dies but mostly things just stay on life support it seems. But I'm having issues with a Mexican Lime tree, So here it the Long Story for those who care to read it:

I purchased a Mexican Lime Tree from a reputable nursery here in San Antonio TX. I picked it because it had a couple of fruit on it already. I took it home and left it in the pot. Cared for it and the next year it didnt produce any fruit or flowers. So I started to use a store bought citrus fertilizer and the next year NOTHING. My wife suggested that I put it in the ground and I did, I didnt expect much after the first year of planting it. But now a about 4 years later still nothing. I've read some basic check lists for Mexican Lime trees.

Full Sun: I planted mine smack dab in the middle of our full sun area. It gets at least 8 hours of sun.

Heat: with summers here reaching the triple digits months at a time, I get plenty of heat and during the very mild winters I wrapped it in front blankets.

Drainage: I planted this plant on a slope side of our house's back yard. plenty of drainage.

When I first purchased the tree you could rub your fingers on the leafs on the dark green glossy leaves and smell the Limes aroma. Now the tree has mutated into growing these light green double lobed alien leaves that smell bitter when you rub your finger in the leaves. I'm really seriously thinking about diging this thing up and tossing it in the garbage. It seems I tried everything. It still grows new buds its not diseased. Please Help anyone.

Comments (11)