SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovetogrowflowers

What about the fragrance of brugmansia? Toxic or not?

lovetogrowflowers
14 years ago

I have two which are in pots in bloom now. Both seem to be white, but changing at the tips of the flowers to a lighter shade of pink I believe. I've been bringing them in at night and back out during the day just to be safe with this crazy weather we've been having. They're beautiful. I think I am in love. I will take pictures later today and post them as soon as I get the chance.

I have another that was given to me about 2 days ago. Yes, another. I'm addicted already I believe. It's about a 2 foot stalk with buds on it. I just placed it into water after the nice lady gave me a cutting. It was really close to bloom when I got it. Anyway, Two of the 5 have opened on this stalk, and have released this beautiful smelling fragrance in my bedroom. However, the other two, seem to have no smell. Why no smell on the other two?

My other question, since this plant is known for being toxic, can sleeping in the room with a blooming brugmansia's fragrance be harmful. I would have never asked, but my significant other made me. Maybe it's a good thing to ask just to be safe.

Comments (18)