SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gladahmae

yet another fertilizer question

gladahmae
17 years ago

I have two reasons for asking this question, so please bear with me!

I have my new little clemmie potted up for the next year (or 2) and I tend to hover (ok, maybe I obsess slightly =D)I understand that rose and tomato fertilizers work best, and that it is important to compost, etc. My little Ramona is in an 18'' pot with miracle-gro potting soil, compost, and bonemeal. So, I don't know if this one would NEED fertilized due to the potting mix, etc. I read somewhere that you shouldn't fertilize the first year? I only saw it once, but yall are the experts and I am definately not! so if someone could clear this up for me, I would be very grateful!

The other reason I ask is because I'm transplanting a few clemmies for my mom this weekend too (time permitting) since they were WAY too crowded. Neither of those did much the last few years due to being planted late, under-watered, THEN transplanted and crowded. I'm guessing they don't get enough sun there either (we have so much to learn!) I want to give these little guys the best shot possible, so I'm doing a lot of searching on here...such a wealth of information!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations