SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachelellen_gw

Tangerine not fruiting very well

15 years ago

I recently moved, and in my new yard (to my great delight), I've a nice lemon tree and what I think is a minneola tangerine (tangello). Both have been sadly neglected in the pruning respect. The lemon is laden with fruit, and I cleaned up all the branches that had shot straight up and shaped it, and it seems much happier. However, the tangerine, while also having far too many of those straight up branches, also had only about 4 tangerines. There are a few leaves that are a bit curled up, but there are no lines indicating miners. I see no evidence of other insect infestation. The two trees are growing side by side, and while the lemon is looking a bit like it needs a shot of iron and minerals, the tangerine looks robustly healthy (except for those few curled leaves and lack of fruit.) I have put off pruning the tangerine until I get an idea about what else is wrong with it.

The soil doesn't have very good drainage...I suspect a high hard pan, but it seems like that would bother the lemon if it bothers the tangerine?

Any ideas?

Comments (2)