SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandyl121261

What clematis would work best here

sandyl
17 years ago

This is a picture of my new house that i been in now 3 years. This picture was taken late spring of the first year after I moved in in 2004, around May I think.. Any way the side your looking at faces South and is hot and in full sun most of the summer months, I don't mean a little hot, but a whole lotta hot. It does get some shade very late in the afternoon around 6:00 p.m. or so I would like to place a piece plastic type lattice up the end of the porch up to the roof line. I have several more clemtis that I have been growning in pots. I have 2 Jackmani and 3 Romana that I currently have, oh and one SAC, all still in pots. I have planted in the ground 3 Sprinkles and one Dr. Ruppel and one Jackmani that I also carried over from last year. What clematis would work best in these hot conditions. If I need to get another type then what i currely have then I could do that. The soil will have to be really amented a well in the area below the porch and I'm aware of that and plan to ament it well. The heat and the full sun is what concerns me. I know some loose their color in full sun and I was hoping to avoid that.

Thanks in advance for the help. Sandy {{gwi:577663}}

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022