SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
m_emilyann

I need help with my Meyer Lemon tree!

m.emilyann
12 years ago

My Meyer Lemon tree has been struggling lately, and I don't know what the problem is. Please help!

Just a little background on my tree:

I've had it for less than a year; I got it back in September from a nursery. It was doing fine for a few months and had many flower buds on it. Within the last month or two, it started to look really sickly. On closer inspection, I noticed it had a spider mite problem. After doing some browsing and searching online, I went to the store and bought some Insecticidal Soap. I had read on other sites and forums to treat it approximately every 7-9 days for a few weeks to kill the adult spider mites and also subsequent adults that were hanging out as larvae.

I've done that for 3 weeks now, and I haven't seen any signs of spider mites. However, my tree still doesn't look great. I also read that spider mites don't like air circulation, so from time to time I'll turn on a fan from a distance to get some air circulation in the room.

I water my plant every 7-9 days, and this last week I put some fertilizer that was high in nitrogen. Was it too soon to fertilize it since it's been stressed by spider mites?

It sits by a south-facing window and gets plenty of sunlight (but I try not to let it have too much direct sun)

The leaves continue to turn yellow and fall off. I can't tell that the leaves fall off in any sort of order (ie, older vs. newer leaves).

What am I doing wrong? Please help! I don't want it to die. :(

Here are some links to photos of some of the leaves and the tree:

{{gwi:564923}}

{{gwi:564924}}

{{gwi:564925}}

{{gwi:564926}}

{{gwi:564927}}

Comments (2)