SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacette_gw

What to do - my neighbors new weeping willow?

stacette
14 years ago

Here is my problem:

My neighborhood is rural and all of us are on septic tanks ... some of our houses are spread out and others are fairly close together ditto for our drain fields. My neighbor has been talking about buying a weeping willow and she finally did. I know from having general garden knowledge and having done research that you don't plant this tree anywhere near drain fields or your house. My neighbor did both - 10-15 ft from her deck and maybe 30 ft from her drain field and maybe 60 ft from my backyard garden (which I water often). She does not know anything about gardening but is very proud and would not like being told that she made a mistake. Do I tell her politely? My mom says yes tell her. I am an organic gardener BUT I will dump weed/tree killer on the roots when they come my way and they will. I will do this because I can not afford to spend $20,000 to have a new drain field dug nor do I want this tree in my yard. Of course it could be all for nothing ... she is very particular about how things look which is good but when this tree starts to swallow her deck she will chop it down AND I could and probably will move before this tree gets that big (within 4 yrs). Am I worrying about nothing? Again do I tell her? I should add that I like her but she is not a gardener and hates the internet so I can't say "go look it up" cause the internet is the source of all evil ..... Thanks for your thoughts.

Comments (27)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH