SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alderson2011

Ponderosa Lemon, Key Lime & Lisbon Lemon trees not blooming!

ALDERSON2011
13 years ago

My husband and I planted a Blood Orange tree, a Lisbon Lemon tree, a Ponderosa Lemon tree and a Key Lime tree about three years ago. The Blood Orange tree died pretty much right away. The other trees are about 7-8 ft tall now. The leaves show no sign of disease, rot etc. They look very healthy and hearty but these trees do not bloom nor produce any fruit. ( although they certainly produce a lot of very sharp thick thorns! ) One of the lemon trees did produce about 5 very large lemons ( my mother thought they were grapefruit!) the first season but nothing since. When we planted them we had set down thick black plastic a few weeks before over the area I was planting my sitting garden. We then made a small pond. After cutting large holes into the plastic we transplanted the trees and then placed ground discs ( those mat looking things that are made of a breathable plastic\rubber material) around them. I have now removed the discs and put fresh nutrient filled soil around them. Can anyone tell me what may be the reason these trees will not bloom and what adjustments I need to make? We are getting ready to plant a peach tree in hopes that this may help with cross pollination. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (5)