SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessicasgrowincitrus

My First Lemon! Let's Celebrate!

Yes, lemon, as in singular...

But that is OK! I took this little whip all the way through to fruit in my window in Washington state! I can not tell you how happy I am!! GO ME!

{{gwi:560169}}

With YOUR help I found all I needed to make Al's Gritty mix, and learned about lighting requirements and fertilizer. Without YOUR help I would not have this awesome lemon :) Thank you for your support and assistance!

I thought that this tree was only 1 year old when I bought it (After loosing my 3 year-old tree due to incorrect soil). But it was happy enough in my sunny window to go ahead and flower, then it decided to keep one of the lemons. Unfortunately it was the lemon at the very tippy-top of the tree, so it impaired its own ability to grow any taller this past season. (It shot out that lower branch shortly after the lemon began to develop. I guess it just needed more/newer leaves to support its development).I decided to leave the lemon there to see if I could make it all the way through to winter with it. This tree was really just a test to see if my set up was going to be good enough. And, as you can see by my singular lemon IT IS!!

I am going to harvest the lemon soon and prune the tree. Because of the location of the lemon, the tree will probably not get any taller than it is now, and that is ok. My window is not that big anyway. I hope to convince this little tree to branch out and establish a nice canopy so I can remove the lower branch.

{{gwi:560172}}

{{gwi:560175}}

Thanks again to all of your for your help and support. I am super excited to get another tree this spring to join this little lemon and my coffee tree in my sunny window!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, THANK-YOU!! I hope you all have a great harvest this winter too!

~Jessica

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz