SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daveyjones_gw

N. Spectabilis + Word of Warning

daveyjones
16 years ago

Hey all. After searching around on the internet for a bit, and realizing I really want a N. Spectabilis, I finally settled upon one on sale from "Black Jungle." It just came in today. Oh boy. There is no description for how the quality of Sarracenia Northwest dwarfs Black Jungle. Granted, Sarracenia Northwest doesn't even offer a N. Spectabilis. Anyways, the plant came merely wrapped in newspaper. The leaves were pretty dirty, and there were even spider webs between some of them. About an inch of paper easter grass was around the base of the plant, most likely to simulate some sort of long fiber moss, and it was planted in mulch/bark of some sort. One the easter grass was removed, the roots were pretty much bare.

There was one very smashed pitcher on it, which I promptly removed. I guess only time can tell now. Maybe once something exciting starts to develop I will post some pictures, but until then, save yourself the stress and don't buy from Black Jungle, or Equilibrio Carnivorous Plants for that matter. Hopefully the little guy will make a great bounce back with some light and water.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction