SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeffahayes

Hatcher Garden/Men's Garden Club Plant Sale April 25

jeffahayes
15 years ago

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around very much... I've been pretty busy helping the Spartanburg Men's Garden Club and Hatcher Garden (both of which I volunteer with -- and I'm on the board with the garden club this year) get ready for their spring plant sale, coming up Saturday, April 25, 9 a.m. -- 3 p.m. at Hatcher Garden on John B. White Boulevard in Spartanburg (2.2 miles towards Spartanburg from I-26 on S.C. 296, on the left). Trust me, if you get anywhere close that morning, you won't be able to miss it, lol.

I hope those of you in the area can make it. There are thousands of plants in hundreds of varieties at great prices, and all the proceeds go to support either Hatcher Garden & Woodland Preserve or the Spartanburg Men's Garden Club (which also helps support Hatcher Garden).

These are two separate sales held at the same time on two sides of the nursery areas of the garden. Hatcher Garden will be selling annuals, perennials ornamental grasses and vines; The Men's Garden Club will be selling trees and shrubs (plus one exception -- some yellow and peach angel trumpets propagated from my own private stock).

The 26th Annual Piedmont Carolina Iris Society Show will also be held at Hatcher Garden during the sale!

For more information, go to www.dirtdaubers.org, www.hatchergarden.org, or feel free to email me at JeffAHayes@aol.com. I'll be there for the whole sale, working the Hatcher side in the morning and the Men's Garden Club in the afternoon.

By the way, anyone who is local, the Men's Garden Club has meetings monthly @ 7 p.m. @ Morningside Baptist Church on South Pine Street and visitors are always welcome (you can come as my guest, if you feel you need to say you're someone's guest). We're always happy to have new members, as well, and although our name is "Men's" Garden Club, membership is actually open to both sexes and our membership is actually about 50-50, so the name is just something of "a legacy."

Hope to see many of you soon!

Jeff

Comments (4)