SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
us_marine

What is some of the strangest things your garden has done or..

us_marine
14 years ago

What is some of the strangest things your garden is doing or has done in the past?

Some things I have noticed is one of my apple trees bloomed in spring, then bloomed again that same year around AUG-SEPT. I have never seen that before, and the second set of apples grew faster than the first. The next year it did the same.

During the winter of 2008/2009, in mid winter a small banana pup stayed green with very little damage (they were all un-protected). It grew slowly ( even when the temps dropped down to 28f), whats interesting is the larger banana's around it went dormant and were frost burned.

I bought a small coconut palm and put it outside ( all night as well) during spring, highs were from 67f-78f with lows averaging around 45f. It seen 1 day with a low of 39f,and seen many weeks in the low and mid 40f's. I put it in ground in summer, and it is still dark green and growing. I was told it would die, and turn yellow.Its laughing at the cold right now, but I know it won't be able to survive the winter here :( But its still cool that it stayed green and live this far :)

Has anyone noticed that the growing seasons are getting longer and winters are geting shorter?

Comments (5)