SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladybugsmom192

at this rate i don't know what to plant and when!!!

ladybugsmom192
13 years ago

this is crazy - it's 1pm and the sun has yet to come out. i'm struggling, all snuggled up on my comfy blue sofa with a big cuppa tea, watching the trees bend in the blustery wind, trying hard not to turn the heat on.

i've got tomatoes that set and been on the vine for at least 4 weeks. the one poor lonely roma has been there for almost 6 weeks now, without a hint of blush. i'm not even going to mention my peppers.

i guess i shouldn't complain...right? haven't had to use the a/c at all this summer and i water much less now (thus saving on both PGE and water bills). my broccoli is going like gangbusters, and the cabbage i thought i'd have to pull out has gotten a new lease on life, along with the one little romaine lettuce plant i left as an experiment.

but with this 'off' weather, what's a newbie veggie gardener to do? just as i (thought) i had gotten my fall/winter planting all figured out, this is happening. now i don't know what to plant and when! i don't know when to pull the stuff i've got now, or if i should just let it go til it stops. and when in the heck do i start my seedlings???!!?

ahhh, there, i feel better now.

angela :)

Comments (6)