SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kat58_gw

Hummingbirds Becoming Too Brave?

kat58
14 years ago

I have three hummingbirds that practically live in my backyard. They especially love my Crape Myrtle tree, Rose of Sharon and Honeysuckle. I just love watching these little birds as they play and dart back and forth through my yard. What concerns me is they have begun to fly lower and lower through my yard and I have a cat. Mama kitty does not bother them, she'll just sleep on the chairs while they play and chatter. Sometimes she'll just sit and watch them. The birds know she is there and lately it seems like they are starting to tease her by flying back and forth past her, sometimes very low. One time I did catch my kitty sitting on a cement ornament not too far from their feeder and as one of them flew very low in front her she tried to swat it so I moved it away. The more they tease her now the closer she is starting to watch them so a few times I had to get the water hose to let mama kitty know not to touch these birds. She is a good kitty but now I am very worried she may hurt them because of their antics.

Comments (18)