SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wheelfam

Seeking advice for great fruit trees in NW Riverside county

wheelfam
9 years ago

The husband and I recently removed our screening trees (Carolina Cherry) from a 5' x 50' area as they had reached the end of their life cycle and we've decided to put in fruit trees. We live in Eastvale/Norco on land that was once dairy farm - so from what I hear, the soil may be rather alkaline. We'd really like peach, nectarine, maybe a cherry and a couple apples (if they'll produce well) - my personal fave is a gala apple. We want big, juicy fruit for our family. What would you recommend? Also, we need to make sure the roots aren't too terribly invasive as this area is next to a wooden fence on one side and a concreted area on the other and we don't want lifting.

Please send your feedback as we really want to make sure we do this right. Note: we put in a semi dwarf peach and lemon tree a couple years ago and they don't produce. (Got one 3" peach this year), and we put in an apricot last summer and it seems to be adjusting well. We have a new colony of bees in a box which should help our endeavors (fingers crossed!)

Thanks for your help!

Comments (7)