SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
littletrees

Don't forget to be careful.....

16 years ago

I know that Brugs and Datura are poisonous, as I'm sure you all know too, but it's easy to become a little careless when handling them. After years of touching, pruning, and admiring these beauties, something has happened that has caused me to post. Last night I came in for dinner after doing my normal gardening "routine" which included snapping off pesky yellow leaves, smelling the Datura, pinching off wilting Brugs flowers. I quickly rinsed my hands, not using soap because the dish soap had disappeared from next to the sink (husband had moved it...somewhere) A few hours later, I noticed my vision was blurry in one eye. I cleaned my glasses, rubbed my eyes several times, kept watching TV. Finally I asked my husband "Is my eye all red? it's kinda blurry..." He freaked out because one pupil was big and black, while the other is normal. I ran to the mirror...it was true! This has never, ever happened before, even though I have been touching my plants without gloves for years. It is now about 10 hrs later and my pupil is still a little dilated, not as bad as last night, but appears to be getting better. After doing some internet research, I'm pretty sure that this is the reason for my dilated pupil, but I'm gonna go to the Dr later today if it hasn't gone down completely. Be very, very careful with these plants everybody, even if you've never had problems with handling these pants in the past. I will be wearing gloves from now on...hope you will too.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES