SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovetogrowflowers

What should I do with these Brugmansia cuttings?

lovetogrowflowers
14 years ago

Remember me, I purchased 3 brugs about 3 days ago, but before I got those I had already started rooting some cuttings that were given to me. I went with the in water method, and after checking them yesterday, I already see little white nubs starting to form on those cuttings.

I'm in zone 8, and October starts getting a little cool, but not really cold. I was advised to keep these over winter and start them in April. However, when I received that advice, I had already started them in the water.

What should I do? If I keep them over winter, am I supposed to take them out of the water or what? My guess is that since they have begun to start, and I have the room in the house, is just to let the cuttings root, pot them up when they get some long enough roots on them and bring them inside for the winter.

If you think otherwise, please advise me on what would be my best option. Do I still have time in my zone for them to get going and survive the winter in-ground outside, or would bringing them in be the best.

I'm still worried about the three I purchased, and am hoping that I can just get a fresh start with these cuttings that were given to me, just in case all goes downhill with the 3 purchased ones.

Comments (4)