SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

Cactus pic for Karyn/ID needed also

Hi Karyn, thought I'd better post on here instead of the plumie forum as we seem to have got sidetracked somewhat from plumies>desert roses>cacti!!

Anyway, here's the somewhat prickly 15yr old 'whatever-it-is'.....it's around 20cms high and the spines are up to 8cms long!...it's a real painful creature as wherever I sem to put it, it seems to jump out and stab me.

The seed mix Claire sowed some 15yrs ago were bought by my dear late father (who she persuaded to buy them for her, he would do anything for his granchildren!)...me mumbling in the background that they would never germinate and all that! I'm sure every one did...we had tons, all shapes and sizes, she made a few £'s selling them to un-suspecting folks at our village car-boot sale! Now she has her own place, I have tried to pass 'Spikey' onto her, but to no avail, so he remains here.

Tried to get an ID earlier, reply was the 'Saguaro Cactus'?? not too sure about that, but I admit I'm no cactus expert so beg to be corrected....anyone else care to have a stab at an ID....no pun intended there! lol!

See you back on the plumie forum Karyn...am spending too much time on this comp being still off work!

Cheers 'n all that..

Gill.

{{gwi:526025}}

Comments (5)