SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cpenthusiast

Have you ever heard of this before?

cpenthusiast
16 years ago

So I bought some flytraps around two weeks ago and they seemed healthy at the time. I made a bog garden for them and planted them inside...even acclimated them to their new home by gradually removing the plastic domes they came in. However, I have them in full Southern California sun for around 9-10 hours a day, and they don't seem to be doing very well. The new traps that are forming are having their petioles turn the same color red that the traps usually turn from a lot of sunlight. From my knowledge only the traps usually turn this color red...has anyone ever heard of the actual petioles turning this color also? Also, the traps that have their petioles turning red aren't as healthy as the traps that were already on the plant when I got it from the store so I am wondering if I should move the bog garden to somewhere that gets only around 6 hours of sun a day since it seems like they are getting sun burned and over exposed, or just keep them where they are. Any thought or suggestions are appreciated!!

Thanks,

Zach

Comments (10)

Sponsored