SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluebirdbabe

Will my Monarchs survive?

bluebirdbabe
16 years ago

I had 4 monarchs come out of their chrysalis and the weather was so bad (cold/rainy) I had to keep them in their container the day they came out and the following day. I tried to give them sugar water and only one little male ate. I finally released them about 2:00 and it was only 60 and very windy with little sun. They wanted out of the container and I put them on my finger one by one and they flew away. The next day was cold and cloudy. The temps got up to 60, but it was so cloudy. Do you think they survived? Also I have 7 more chrysalis' and it is supposed to be cold for the next week. I am afraid fall is here to stay in Michigan. I am so afraid I will release my guys and they won't survive.

Once released, do they head for Mexico? If they hang around here they won't make it. It is getting down to 40 at night and not very warm during the day. I also have a guy in his "J". I found him when I was weeding. I was so shocked to see it. Isn't it late for Michigan to still have cats and chrysallis'?

Info is appreciated.

Karen

Comments (3)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner