SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caterwallin

Oh my gosh, Monarchs coming out my ears!

caterwallin
16 years ago

Just in a single day (yesterday) I found more Monarch eggs than the number of cats I raised my entire season last year!!! I raised 70 last year, and I found at least 73 yesterday. I'm not not done counting, as I have some in cups sitting on our back porch I have to count yet (I can't just count the number of cups because I knowt there were several cats on some of them. Can you believe I found seven eggs on a potted milkweed plant?! Wow, that's a record for me! I've been finding some leaves with two eggs on a leaf, and last evening when I was looking for eggs, I found 3 on one leaf (it was the same milkweed that had a total of seven eggs). Another leaf on that plant had two eggs, and I had two leafs that each had one. As I sat here last night safety pinning parts of leaves with eggs on them to plants growing in pots and cups, a song kept running through my head, "They're coming to take me away, haha...they're coming to take me away hoho heehee haha to the funny farm..." Oh, if my friends could only see me now! lol

Cathy

Comments (6)

Sponsored