SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ams2009

Gst fell during/right after pupating, what to do?

ams2009
13 years ago

I checked on one of my gst cats, that was preparing to pupate, this evening and saw that it had fallen onto bottom of shoebox that he was in. It was laying on its side, and appeared to have just formed chrysalis, so I guess he fell when trying to shake off old skin, you can see the silk sling and silk pad below, not sure what went wrong. Other than the fact that he's lying on bottom of box, the chrysalis looks fine, and not deformed as far as I can tell. I tilted box so that the backside of chrysalis is resting in corner of box, and underside is not touching anything, is this the best way to place the chrysalis while it dries? The underside still appeared to be wet so was trying to make sure that side wasn't pressing against the box while it dried. Any suggestions/advice appreciated. I always place them in a shoebox covered with nylon (hosiery) after they purge and then after they pupate and chrysalis dries, I cut out the section of cardboard they are attached to and hang it in a mesh cage. Not sure why he fell, but hoping he will be healthy when he emerges! Thanks!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor