SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
capeheart

Transplanting Buddelia or not

CapeHeart
16 years ago

Hi All

I have two Butterfly bushes - one is Black Knight the other I am not sure - it's a fushia color. I have them planted out front in a circular driveway garden. This was a cottage garden but now it got too over grown and looks horrible. Plus I don't have any winter greenery as everything dies back. I have dug up a lot of plants but this year was the best for both butterfly bushes they are huge and full - the most butterflies we have ever had.

Should I leave the BB?

If so, should I just deadhead or can I cut them all back?

If I left them could evergreens exist with them? I was going to neaten up the garden by outlining the front of it with boxwoods and putting in a few arbritae for winter interest.

Or should I move them?

If so, should I cut them way back and then transplant them?

Is something other then the usual organic matter I add to give them when transplanting?

I do have reservations moving the bushes - they are so beautiful and I get a lot of compliments on them. So this is a tough decision but too, the circular garden is so close to the driveway not sure if they got any bigger if it would take over or be difficult to see coming out of the driveway.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Chantel :-)

Comments (7)

Sponsored