SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greylady_gardener

Ruth ann & comments from a new brug owner :)

greylady_gardener
16 years ago

Ruth ann are those brugs(in the post about pot bound brugs) as tall as they look?? wow!!

I am brand new to brugs......have seen them and loved the look but never owned one until I got a cutting in a plant exchange at the beginning of June. (I was so thrilled!!) I am also in Z5(I think) in Ont. and am already concerned about my overwintering abilities. :) The cutting I got is doing great and growing well......I have been scouring this forum for tips and advice.....I have been watering and feeding very well. I am looking forward to having blooms one day.....I have no idea what colour they will be, but I really don't care as long as it lives and flowers.

I have grown the single white daturas for several years. I bought the original one at the local nursery and it was just labelled "moon flower". It took me a year or two to actually find out that they were daturas. I always just let them seed themselves in the garden, but the plants that do the best are the ones that I let come up in the cracks between the patio stones! :)I bought a double purple one a couple of years later and being rather "green" about them had no clue that I could try and overwinter them, so since it didn't produce seeds, I lost it.

I look forward to reading everyone's comments and seeing the pictures that you post.

Lois

(I copied this post from the one in "pot bound brug" and put it here in a post of its' own (as I wanted to come out of lurk mode and sort of intoduce myself)as I got it in there by mistake.):)

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths