SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Butterflies make me happy. Give hope.

13 years ago

Its not been a good week. Our water pressure tank broke and needed to be replaced on Monday. Maybe it was walking up and down the basement stairs that caused the next problem, but when I woke up on Tuesday, I couldn't put weight on my one leg. I had surgery for a torn meniscus/osteoarthritis on that knee 6 years ago and I had been doing great. But now, I can barely walk through the house.

Then my DH got a terrible cold/flu and couldn't even get out of bed.

My DS who is home from college is helping, but sometimes he's at work, so yesterday morning I got in my car (with the help of a cane) to go to the chicken coop to open it up, when my car wouldn't start!

I tried everything to get it started, but no go.

I called AAA and they came out. My leg was throbbing. But right before they came out, I tried to start it again. It was in the 90's. I was in incredible pain. The dang car was broken, DH was sick, DS is moving into a different apartment next week and I'm an invalid. Oh.....then the nursing home called me to tell me my mother was deteriorating rapidly. I couldn't even begin to get to the nursing home.

But.......as I was sitting in the car, (I had all the doors open, hoping that would cool down the car and hopefully it would start)..feeling sooooo down...when a beautiful butterfly slowly flew through the car in front of me.

All my frustrations dissolved. I smiled. Everything was going to be okay.

Thank you butterflies!

Comments (11)

Sponsored