SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
inkneedeep

CA Wildflowers

inkneedeep
15 years ago

I have been working in my yard and my gardens for a few weeks and have gathered some questions, so I apologize if I have alot of questions and not too many answers...so here goes #1:

I finally had some phacelia campanularia Desert Canterberry Bells come up this year and they bloomed prolifically and beautifully till about the end of April, I have a couple of new plants that have sprouted up and are still blooming. They are supposed to be self seeding..How does that work? I assume I would have to let the plant dry where it was or maybe dry it myself???They are in my front yard, so can't leave the dead looking plants. Doing things unconventionally, like I usually do..I cut them back and have composted them. I realy would like grow these again next year and still have alot of seeds, along with some other native wildflower seeds. (I got a few CA Poppy Plants and some Golden Lupin also that bloomed.)

Not really sure how to grow the wildflowers. I have a strip in the back yard that I was thinking of turning into a wild looking meadow.

Does anyone have a successful native wildflower garden?

Comments (4)