SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

OT: POTD: Bob come out of hiding and look at the Plumeria bloom

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

Good Morning to all.

For Days I have been thinking about Bob. Has anybody heard from him? That is not like our Bob not to stop by in such a long time. So I post my worries publicly, since I know we all love Bob.

So now that I came to have a blooming Plumeria cutting, I really hope Bob is ok and please Bob...give us a sign. Even if it is just a Hello.
{{gwi:498141}}From Picture of the Day for June 09

As I went over to my neighbor to see what we can do about the tiny Bambi being lost in his flowerbed, we talked. Then my eyes caught all these blooming Plumeria cuttings on his porch. How gorgeous!! Well lets just say I forgot all about Bambi lol

His mother plant, which he says is only 2 years old, is HUGE. He is also the one that left them out during the winter and ONLY brought them in when it REALLY got below freezing. But for that he did have to cut off the top so much...they are as long as my arm. Then he just stuck them in pots filled with leaves and some dirt.

Of course I stuck my nose on them, but he said they do not smell. Well...not so. Believe it or not...I pin pointed the smell!!! Which for me is hard to do. Unless it is like from the citrus tree blooms. The blooms have a very mild Peach fragrance. Just beautiful. So he ask if I want some, even though his wife gave me 2 big cuttings last summer lol. But those are growing but no sign of a inflo yet.

Sad news is that he just ripped the cutting out of the pot and by the time I came home and potted it up, those pictures are the only ones from a happy bloom :-( But I was in heaven!!

I was already tickled pink when I discovered that the cutting that you Chocolate Brug send me, Mystery, had started to develop a inflo. That having been my first sighting of a inflo...I knew right then what it was..yippeeeeeeeeeeeee

Now all I need to know if the name of the Plumeria will always be a Mystery or it was named Mystery lol

Oh my...I better stop chatting and send you off into the day with wonderful wishes.

Who wanted summer to come?

Why am I vacationing at a hot AND humid place soon?

Who wants to swap gardens for the summers? lol

Smile...it helps!

Lucy

Comments (5)