SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mark4321_gw

Los Altos Plant Exchange Saturday , May 1st

mark4321_gw
14 years ago

A friend told me about the Los Altos Plant Exchange on Saturday. I have never been, so all I know is what I have read online (and in a longer email I won't post here). Here's a blurb from Palo Alto Online:

"PLANT EXCHANGE ... Get ready to dig up healthy plants, including seedlings, cuttings, bulbs, small trees and shrubs, to swap at the Spring Plant Exchange on Saturday, May 1, from 10 a.m. to noon. The free swap, sponsored by the Garden Club of Los Altos and the Los Altos Recreation Department, is held in the parking lot of the Hillview Community Center, 97 Hillview Ave., Los Altos. Plants must be labeled, and no privets or invasive plants are accepted. Information: Betty Lee at 650-906-1651 or betlee59@gmail.com."

I'm hoping to make it, and plan to bring the following. (Most are month old rooted cuttings, a few sprouted tubers or seedlings):

Agapetes serpens (1)

Aristolochia gigantea (4)

Aristolochia trilobata (1)

Brugmansia vulcanicola, Stybring clone/hybrid (1)

Brugmansia sanguinea 'Inca Princess' (yellow form) (1)

Echium wildpretii (2)

Oxalis tuberosa (Oca), red (1)

Oxalis tuberosa (Oca) orange (1)

Passiflora 'Mission Dolores' (parritae x antioquiensis) (1)

Passiflora antioquiensis (1)

Passiflora edulis 'Nancy Garrison' (4)

Passiflora gritensis (1)

Passiflora membranacea (3)

Passiflora tripartita var. mollissima (true mollissima, not P. tarminiana) (1)

Passiflora umbilicata (1)

Physalis peruviana (Cape Gooseberry) (2)

Salvia dombeyi (1)

Senecio orbicularis (2)

Ullucus tuberosa (Ulluco) (1)

The exchange conflicts with the non-member day of the big sale at Strybing Arboretum, but hopefully some people can make it and bring interesting things.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!