SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisalisa143420

Newbie needs help....

LisaLisa143420
10 years ago

So I'm a novice gardener. Just bought my first yard it's a blank canvas so I went with what I wanted... I bought a pink Ecuador trumpet for my deck and she will come inside in the winter. I bought her at Logees in a 4inch pot had 4 leaves and was well started. I repotted her in a decent size pot which I see now is not going to last long. I've been feeding her twice a week with MG Tomato fert it's 18 18 21 after reading up online and i think im doing ok as she got big fast!! in 2 months i hv 2 "Y"s so guess I just need some reassurance from the experts here :)

she wilts a lot but then I just give some water and she seems look better after. It's very windy lately so the leaves hv been blowing around I loose a few here n there but I think that's what the damage is?? Should I be pruning some of the leaves? Do I have two Ys? It branched off with that second little one underneath after it had already made the top y? It doesn't grow straight now was I supposed to prune that? How often do u repot? What size pot? Is it bad to jump to a big pot too quick? Will she bloom this year?

Here are a few pix of her and thank you in advance for any help you can give

Comments (11)