SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tambo747

just a funny discovery in an amateurs' garden!

tambo747
15 years ago

I thought some of you would enjoy this!

I had planted tulips along a back corner of my house and they bloomed beautifully last spring. I had received black eyed susans from dads garden and purchased Gaillardia last fall so I dug up all the tulips and planted what I imagined to be beautiful display of orange, red, and yellow susans and Gaill's this summer.

A few weeks ago I was out looking for any sign of growth in that area (I'm new to gardening and very impatient!), only to discover a tulip coming up. I laughed and assumed I had missed a bulb. I left it there to grow. Each day after, I went out to observe this area, only to find more tulips popping out. The more I saw, the harder I laughed (what else can one do?). I have 3 tulips actually growing up smack in the middle of a black eyed susan plant!!! As of today, I have counted 42 tulips along a 6x2 bed. To my surprise this morning, I have a lovely little asiatic lily that decided to join the party!!!

Like I said, I am new to gardening, but I laugh at the thought that even the most amateur of amateurs wouldn't miss over 40 tulip bulbs!!!

I'm not sure if I should transplant them as they won't like the water needs of the other plants I am "trying" to grow there.

Anyhow, here's to a new gardening season, from an amatuer with a bit more experience than last year!

Happy gardening :)

Tammy

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting