SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lexer_gw

New Garden

lexer
15 years ago

Hi. I'm an amateur at designing. I'm starting with a new yard and since I will be obsessed with changes and will ask for advice now and then I thought I'd start with posting the 'before' picture.

I made a composite panorama so it's maybe a little confusing.

Here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5460284&l=190ef&id=734645244

My last yard was a 1/2 acre and this is half of that -- but I'm looking forward to the challenge of starting again. I know a lot more than I did when starting my last yard -- I didn't even know how to think about shade trees until about year 3 and just got to thinking about texture, height, evergreens in the last year or two. Funny to look back at my first years of plunking perennials in terrible combinations and then digging them up and moving them. I even dug a tree up (I had planted same year) and moved it because it was 6' off of my revised plan. This is turning into a worst gardening mistakes -- the worst one was I planted three quaking aspen then realized they were floating disturbingly so I dug them up. Then I changed the bed so much that right back in the same place was the right spot for them. I had killed those I dug up but fortunately several volunteered from left-over roots. Have to laugh at myself.

I'm working on a plan and will post in coming days/weeks.

Cheers,

Lex

Comments (4)