SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
khakitag

Without this forum, I'd be lost...

khakitag
16 years ago

After my daily forum reading (actually about 4-5 times/day) I was reading what miss Sherry was saying about ptelea trifoliatas. I'd never heard of it. After doing a google search, I found that it is native to cen. tx. Then I decided to step outside and look for it. I only had to walk across the street to find it. I knew I'd noticed those seeds hanging on the bush, and wondered what they were. I didn't see any cats, but lots of chewed leaves. Then as I searched more, I found a differnt bush with chewed leaves, and upon closer inspection, found two GST cats. One was at least 3" long, and ready to pupate probably. I don't know what the bush was. Since I don't know how to post photos to this forum, I'll post them on the gallery section, for someone to identify for me. I'd appreciate any help. We live on a creek, on a very wooded lot, and I'm beginning to think maybe I didn't even need to plant any host plants, as it seems they're all growing naturally in my very yard. I am truly blessed. I would not have learned any of this were it not for this forum. The info I've gained from books is very limited.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting