SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelcub_gw

deck and pergola

angelcub
18 years ago

Hi gang! Just thought I'd share a few pics of the deck and arbor Mark built last fall. I did all the painting. We plan on installing railing around it this spring or summer for more of a sense of enclosure. There is lots of dirt since we took out the grass, but we'll be remedying that soon. I've put in some 'Berry Magic' hollies and have some roses and other shrubs on stand by. Just waiting for Mark to make the new beds. In the center we are thinking of some paving material with a path out to the potager. And a water feature of some kind. Guess we'll be busy for awhile. lol!

{{gwi:500934}}

We plan to change out the kitchen door (under the pergola) for a french slider. And the area in front of the bay window won't have railing, as that's where we'll step down into the garden.

{{gwi:500936}}

I have a couple of wine barrels filled with tulips and ranunculus on the deck. I am loving having this new space to hang out on in the afternoon with a good book or garden magazine. I've made some cushions for the furniture and now I'm working on some big, comfy pillows. Heck, I may just live out there this summer! : )

{{gwi:500938}}

Diana

Comments (8)