SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovelyiris

I Really Need to Know When....

lovelyiris
16 years ago

I need to know when it's safe to plant my brugs outside. I cleared the greenhouse of most plants today. I'm planning on planting the elephant ears and bananas tomorrow. Is it too early for us to plant the brugs here in East Texas? The weather had been beautiful and in the 80's and 90's during the daytime and the lowest at night is the upper 40's. What do ya'll think. I'm chomping at the bit to get these things either in the ground or in pots.

I also need to know which brugs get big and which ones stay kind of small. I have a bud on one of mine right now. Funny thing is it does not have a Y. I thought ya'll said they wouldn't bloom without the Y. It is an Ecuador White and it's not but about 18 inches tall. I'm real excited because this will be my very first brug blossom. I just wish it would have been a real pretty colored one or a double but I guess I should just be happy one of them is fixing to bloom for me. (grin)

Kylie, which ones do you have planted in full sun? I know some of them are ok in full sun and some are not here in Texas. If you can share that information with me I would appreciate it. I know there is one guy up town that has a whole row of yellow ones in full sun. I would like to be able to plant some like that too.

Someone here in Texas take the time to email me your thoughs. I have a few doubles that might still be alive. I'm not 100% sure right now. I'll have to take them all out of the greenhouse to see exactly what made it and what didn't.

Happy Gardening and Brugging everyone.

Marian

P.S. Miss Happy Toes, I still don't see anything coming up where I planted your seeds. (sticking out bottom lip and pouting).

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida