SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bronxfigs

Pachycormus discolor....Growing From Seeds

Questions:

About to place an order for the above seeds. Seeds will be sown in a quick-draining, gritty mix, placed in kitchen window, in full sun for 4-5 hrs/day.

Assuming they germinate, how do I grow these plants while in the seedling stage....since they are Summer-dormant? I'm confused..... especially regarding the growth-cycle and cultural requirements of these seedling plants.

If seedlings sprout within the next few months (April-June) they will then be growing throughout the Summer months, in the heat (70-90 degrees). Will they grow, and thrive, or not do well growing in these conditions? I plan on leaving the seedlings in a very sunny window, and growing them until they show signs of going dormant...that's IF they do go dormant. In the Autumn, will they drop leaves as days get darker and shorter, or do you think they will continue to grow? Honestly, if they become Summer-growers, that's fine with me. Winter growers = PITA.

So how do I start Pachycormus from seeds if they are Winter-dormant? Will sowing seeds now (early Spring) screw up the growth cycle, or will they eventually behave as opportunistic-dormancy plants?

NYC weather is usually hot, humid, and rainy in the summer months....not dry and sunny. I could grow the seedling dry because I could control the water. Anything that I have read about these plants was written regarding cultural requirements of older, established, plants, and NOT about treatment of seedlings.

H E L P !!!!

Frank

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH