SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
presidiogarden

Perennials for summer/ fall Zone 8 Sacramento area

presidiogarden
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I will be moving to Sacramento into a house that has a large east facing yard. The yard area is full of rocks and there is no landscaping, so it will be quite a bit of work for me to renovate it, but I am up for it. Part of the reason there are rocks and no plants is that the dogs that live there dig up the dirt, so I will need to build a creative fence around my garden to keep them out.

I am curious as to the types of plants and flowers I can use for this time of year to attract butterflies, hummingbirds, and bees. I have never created a butterfly garden before but I am looking to create something that looks like this: http://blog.ryanlawn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Butterfly-Garden-Design-Ideas.jpg

I really like yarrow and I know that is good for attracting ladybugs. I have never lived in an area with an abundance of hot sun, so I thought I would ask for your help and advice on what types of flowers you like. The typical summer weather is generally sunny mid 80s to low 90s for the highs and 50s- 60s for the lows. I am very excited about my new garden and will share pictures here when I have it set up!

Comments (11)

Sponsored