SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bakemom_gw

Holy Crap! 'Possum in the garage!

bakemom_gw
15 years ago

Went to Fresh Market to pick up Christmas dinner ingredients. Pulled into the garage, opened my door and saw a possum in the grass catcher for my lawn mower. She showed me her teeth and she has plenty. I'm a city girl, so I shrieked, slammed my car door shut and grabbed my cell and called my 23 year old who was in the house sleeping.

I told Michael that I couldn't get out of my car and told him to put on pants and shoes and help me. He hung up in disgust, thinking that I had a problem with my locks. He came out in just boxers, no shoes. I'm shaking my head nononononono and pointing at the possum. He turns and sees the possum three feet from his bare legs, screams like a girl and breaks the land speed record for the house.

Finally, I calm down and talk softly to the possum and get my groceries and get into the house. I lock the cat door. I went out to check and the possum was curled up asleep. I don't begrudge the animal a dry warm nap today, but this can't continue.

Now what? I let the cats out the front to potty since they can't use their winter litter pan which is in the garage.

HELP!!!!!!!

Comments (44)

Sponsored