SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sibhskylvr

OT: Been a busy day! Missed you all! :))

sibhskylvr
15 years ago

Splurged a little today! Got the new Sanyo 42" LCD 1080P flat screen TV set up!

Also set up the 55 gallon aquarium! About time on the tank! :) It's been sitting & patiently waiting - but being sick didn't give me the opportunity to start it! It's a piece of work in the making - so bear with me! lol! Something else for me to buy PLANTS for! And Aquabid.com is going to make a little money from me! Awesome site!

And a HUGE 'thank you' goes out to Mary Jane! She sent some cute little toys for the expectant mother 'Skyla!' I've not given them to her yet - but the time will come! :)

When it gets a little warmer here - I'll have to take a few pics of the expectant mother! She's getting HUGE! lol! I have a feeling she's going to have more than four this time!

I received 'Flame' - 'Gerorgia Peach' & 'Pink Smitty' from Country Garden! I've ordered from them before & their plants have always been great. If you get a chance - order something. You won't be disappointed!

Received an email from Eddie! He shipped out the (17) Brugs I ordered from him yesterday! I can't wait to get them! Everything's prepared for the arrival! (Thanks Eddie!)

And I have to go back to work tomorrow! And I've still got a package going out to Jill & Mary Jane on Saturday! They'll be on the way girls - so prepare!

I'm GLAD I'm feeling better! :) And if any of you feel like you're getting the 'crud' - don't put off seeing a Dr. Go as soon as possible!

I've really, really missed you guys & gals! Can you tell??

Love you guys!

Mike

{{gwi:460969}}

New TV!

{{gwi:460971}}

55 gallon tank!

{{gwi:460972}}

2nd shot!

{{gwi:460973}}

'Skyla's' toys from Mary Jane!

Comments (26)

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Mike I am SO GLAD that you are feeling better and it shows. WOW man when you are ok you sure WORK lol

I had a 55 gal tank once too. Loved it. But then I love cats now and I can see them go fishing.

Enjoy that huge TV!!

MJ you are just the sweetest! Guess you either love pink like I do too lol. OR you know Skyla is having all girls roflmao.

Mike got names picked out? Do you name them?

Still take it easy and hope work will go ok for you.

Hugs
    Lucy

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

jealous of the TV I got a new one for my bedroom, 26 inches and my kids are threatening to take it to the living room, the dinosaur is in there!!!! LOL Everything looks good but do take it easy and don't relapse, we all missed you here!!!

Mary

• Related Discussions

I've been stripping all day! lol!

Q

Comments (14)
    Mike, you have been busy. Isn't strange how things work out. All summer I saw beautiful plants in bloom. Now that it is cooler, my brugmansia decide they want to bloom. The good news is I went down this weekend, and their are 2 brugmansia that are blooming that I have never seen before. One is a georgia peach, and the other is a double white, that I got from a cutting last fall from Mike. I am so excited, I now have two doubles that like it at the coast. Barbra,
    ...See More

I've been cutting mirrors all day

Q

Comments (19)
    TMG Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and since you can't do an exact it will be your interpretation of the original. I've no doubt the artist would be glad to help you get out of your slump, and love to see the finished product. Besides we have all seen things in others work that inspires us to try. No harm no foul. Get back to work, and quit feeling bad!!! ~: )
    ...See More

Been Raining All Day...

Q

Comments (22)
    Don, you are so lucky. You first had all that warm climate, now a whole day of rain. We yesterday had 88 dgrs and no rain. Today will be 75, then 77, 82, 86, 87, 86, 80 until next Monday. Finally on Saturday there will be some thunderstorms. One month ago we still had snow on the ground. So yesterday I started using overhead sprinklers. Being outside was good, planted 10 heathers between conifers, though I started early. Today a friend of mine needs 10 hostas, so I will get those empty spaces for the hostas I got and will get in the mail.
    ...See More

You all have been busy.

Q

Comments (12)
    Oh, Marica, you & hubby have been in my prayers. I hope he's progressing well. I've been holding my breath, you know!! It's so good to see you back!! Pagan is right ... Take good care of yourself and incorporate all the help you can get. Maria Elena
    ...See More
  • sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lucy

Definitely feeling better! :)

'Skyla' had better have at least one boy! Not naming any but the little male! Otherwise - trouble in paradise! lol! I may have to keep them all! Seriously though - I've been thinking of names! We'll see! The time is approaching!

Mike

• phoenixryan
    15 years ago

Great fish tank. Are you going salt or fresh water?

• sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mary

Don't let them take it! We all need a 'place' of our own! And 'no' - not going to relapse! It's funny - this is the first time in many, many years I can remember ever being sick! Never got a cold, flu, or anything! And then BAM! It just hit me!

Mike

• bri_fl
    15 years ago

You sound like you feel soooo much better! It's amazing this crud, you forget what it feels like to be well! We want brug picks and I'm sure the tank will be beautiful. If I look at a fish, I kill it.

• tropicgirl
    15 years ago

Alright Mike!!! Welcome back!!! Glad you are over the crud, we've missed ya.

Can't wait to see the aquarium when you get it stocked. I had fresh water aquariums but when we moved to TX I never set them back up. Still have them boxed up. I loved aquariums, they are so soothing and hypnotic watching the fish swim about.

Ahhhh, puppy time is getting nearer. Can't wait to see new puppy pics.

Mary Jane, that was sweet of you sending toys.

Oh almost forgot, congrats on the new TV.

20 new brugs, wow!!! That's always exciting. I've ordered from Country Gardens and I agree, they're great. Which ones did you order from Eddie?

Take it easy tomorrow at work. Glad to have ya back.

Deb

• pagrdnr
    15 years ago

Jealous of the TV! Be sure to post pics of that tank when its filled with fish and plants. Is it going to be fresh or salt water? I have been thinking about getting an aquarium but am on the fence about it.
    17 brugs ordered in one day! Wow I don't think I've ever ordered more than 4 at once but I guess you're not messing around, lol.
    Shawn

• rigo74
    15 years ago

Mike~ Looks like you are feeling better with a new flat screen tv & huge fish tank.I have 2 -10 gal tanks and love our little fishes so much,one of my favorite things to do and unwind at night is to sit on the sofa and watch the fish.Wow! 17 brugs sounds like your going to be very busy doing some unpacking soon.Don't forget pics when they arrive.

Rigo

• knotz
    15 years ago

Yea!!..Mikes back!!...Welcome back Mike :)

I have a 55 gal tank...I love it!!...Got a GREAT big Bala Shark and some various tetras in it.

Oh I'm SO glad your better.

knotz

• taz56
    15 years ago

So glad you are back, and feeling better too!
    Relax and enjoy your new tube! So fresh water
    or salt ether way you will enjoy it I'm sure!
    I like to watch fish swim, it's so soothing!!
    Enjoy yourself!
    Susan

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Hey I'm so glad you are better. Got worried when I didnt hear from you. Now I know why you busy bee. Want some tadpoles for the aquarium? Lol. I have had a good time watching this big monster one in mine but she still hasn't grown any front legs and I have had her over a month. I think she is a mutant or something, lol. Take it easy and like Mary said don't overdo things. Give Mommy dog a hug for me and we want to see pics, lol.

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Who says only woman go shopping to feel better?

roflmao

Lucy

• funinthesunincl
    15 years ago

Mike...
    I am so glad you are feeling better!!! Enjoy your new toys...and brugs from Eddie!!! Which ones are you looking forward to? His brugs are always so big & healthy!!!

Lucy...
    All the 'pink' in Skyla's new toys comes from a theme I was going with for her: 'Pamper the 'lil Momma' !!!
    The squeaky toys were in the shape of a cold cream jar, a sleeping mask, a hair dryer, and I think the last toy was a diamond ring for the 'expecting little lady'... When I saw them, I couldn't resist sending them to Mike's little Momma!!
    And... not that a few female puppies with the likes of the name, 'Duchess' wouldn't be nice, at least one male puppy with the likes of the name, 'Duke' would be nice also!!!

Who doesn't love puppies????? Nothing like them in the world!!! How exciting...Good Luck Skyla!!!

Good to see the old Mike is back in town!!!!

~Mary Jane

• daniellalell
    15 years ago

Mike congrats on the new tv, brugs and tank! What kinda fishies you gonna put in it? I can't figure out what I am gonna put in mine with the plecos after 'Big Joe' the Koi goes back outside..I was thinking of balas again, or maybe an oscar or jack dempsey..decisions decisions, lol. Wish I could get a piranha but they arent allowed to sell them anymore in NJ.

Mary Jane, when I was younger we had an ESS named Dutchess, she was the best. Then when we moved here I got my own ESS and named him Duke.

Mike, I can't wait for pix! It's almost puppy time!! So glad you are feeling better :)

• eloise_ca
    15 years ago

Glad you are feeling much better Mike! Wow, those are nice -- tv and aquarium! You are going to be busy with all the new brugs you are expecting, along with later, new puppies, LOL! Hope your first day back to work won't be too hard on you.

• pagrdnr
    15 years ago

Daniella and Mike I haven't had an aquarium in quite a few years but I would recommend at least a few freshwater angel fish if you are going the freshwater route. I remember my aunt having some and they got huge, so cool.
    I remember seeing these freshwater puffer fish somewhere recently, they were cool too.

Shawn

• phoenixryan
    15 years ago

Angel fish are pretty cool.... but boy are they mean! Even to each other. You'll definitely have one "alpha" fish who attacks every other fish in the tank. Had those growing up. The tank was near the foot of my bed, I'd leave the tank light on for my cat, who sat on the foot of the bed all night and stared at the tank, and drooled (literally!). I have the koi and goldfish outside, so hoping someday to get a saltwater tank inside. Maybe after I win the lottery!

Ryan

• karmahappytoes
    15 years ago

Awesome, you have been busy!! Awesome TV, you will enjoy it for watching those garden shows, right? Great tank setup, I agree angel fish for sure!

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Yes I recommend the angel fish too. I have one of those and 3 silver dollars and a pleco and they fill my big tank. They got BIG in 3 years. All were really small when we got them. We had a bala but he was killing the other fish so I traded him in at the pet store.

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

MJ beautiful Theme!! for the right mommy!!

Ryan sorry, but Deb and I are winning the Lottery already. But you know we love to share Lol

Lucy

• phoenixryan
    15 years ago

LOL, Lucy! I hope so, as I definitely need more land to plant on!

Ryan

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

I'll never forget when we first got the fish tank Mercedes wanted to eat the fish so bad. Everytime one moved she would snap at the tank and try to bite it through the glass. She had drool running out of her mouth, lol. She fished the minnows right out of the little water feature on the porch so thats why we put the fish in the pond and made the memorial garden for her after she died. She was a fishing dog for sure. It took her about a year to stop bumping the tank in the house with her nose trying to eat them, lol. She was a funny dog.

• sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

First day back at work felt like I hadn't left! :) Nothing changed!

Ryan - I'm going freshwater. 'Black Veil Angels' - I love them! Actually - any angels are nice!

Deb - Thanks! Good to be back & somewhat back to normal! And the puppy time is getting closer - March 16th! I wish it would hurry & get here! :) Brugs from Eddie. lol! Too many - but I'm glad I splurged a little! I purchased the following:

'American Pride' - 'Angels' Swingtime' - 'Angel's Exotic' - 'Angel's Sunbeam' - 'Bergkonigin' - 'Confusion' - 'Doosie' - 'Emerald Frost' - 'Felicity' - 'Golden Dream' - 'Kong Mansia' - 'Meadow Princess' - 'Native Habitat Double Peach' - 'Orange Infusion' - 'Peanut' - 'Rubirosa' & 'Sam'

The list of wants could have continued! lol! He's got such great Brugs! My trade list is filling fast!

Shawn - Get an aquarium! What's another addiction?? :)

Rigo - That's what intend to do - sit on the sofa & watch the fish!

Caren - See how our addictions rub off on one another! lol!

Kristy - Tadpoles?? lol! No thank you! :)

Lucy - I never said that! :) But I do feel better!

Mary Jane - Too sweet! 'Pamper the little momma!' Great theme! And believe me - she's pampered! The day is getting closer!

Daniella - Pics! Pics & more pics! You know how I am with that camera! lol!

Eloise - First day was no different then when I started there years ago! Nothing seemed to have changed!

Karma - 'Angels' for sure! And btw - 'Datmansia' seed starting sprouting two days ago! I'll have to get out the camera soon! :) Thanks for sending me the seed!

Ok - off for now! Hope everyone has a great day! I have a few more pots to get ready for Eddie's Brugs when they arrive - hopefully today! :)

Mike

• gardenpaw
    15 years ago

Mike sooo glad you are feeling better!
    Congrats on your new flat screen and fish tank! Watching
    fish is so relaxing!
    Congrats on your new Brug babies too!
    I cant wait to see pics of your new little fur babies!
    (SOON) :)

Karen

• jumpin4joy
    15 years ago

Mike I am so glad to see you are doing your part for the economy. LOL If you still need Kong let me know. Its ready. I had to order a few new babies this week myself. LOL I just went up and read you got kong. Sorry. If anything happens with yours let me know and its your. Brandy