SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amelia_pepper_lady

OT - I've been bad...

amelia_pepper_lady
15 years ago

H isn't feeling well so he's sound asleep in his recliner. I took advantage of it and went shopping.

I needed some lights for the seedlings -- got them!

Also needed more trays to start seeds -- got them!

Found healthy blueberry bushes marked $5 at our local Wal-Mart. Who could resist? Bought them too. Of course, they rang up for $10 each. Cashier called the floor manager who said give them to me at $5 each.

Found nice 1-1/2 gallon pots for $2 each -- bought a few.

Potting soil also appeared to be priced somewhat low -- less than 1/2 of what I was paying last year. Bought some more.

Things were going so well that I went over to the books -- found several for $5 each. Only bought one -- it should be raining here tomorrow!

The floor manager told me that almost everyone in the garden department had quit. They are extremely short-handed and most don't know what they are doing. I may need to stop by every couple of days until they get a workforce trained!

We're in the mid-70's with sunshine today. Clouds are building but the temps should stay in the 70's with lows in the 50's. Oh, do I have spring fever!!!!!

I noticed the azaleas are blooming. Trees are beginning to bud out. Shouldn't have to wait too much longer.

Comments (8)