SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bromeliaddict

new pics, it's about time!

bromeliaddict
14 years ago

It's been a few weeks since I posted. I feel like such a lurker! Things have been busy between work, getting the plants out to the shade house for the summer, and keeping the plants from freezing. Since the broms have been out, I've had to cover them twice. May 11 and 18 temps got down to 35F. Heavy frost was visible in my neighbor's yard- about 100 meters away from the shade house, and about 10 meters lower elevation. The Great Lakes had more ice coverage this past winter, which typically means a long, cool Spring. That's what we've had. Anyway, the plants are coloring up very nicely. They just aren't growing as quickly as they would if the temps were about 75-85 instead of 65-75. We are approaching the Summer stolcice here, right?

I have gotten around to taking some pictures, so here are a few to share.

This Tillandsia deppeana is the largest one I've ever grown.

{{gwi:471120}}

Vriesea 'Gina' is blooming for the first time for me. I got it from John Arden during the San Diego WBC in 2006.

{{gwi:471121}}

Here's a close up of the inflorescence.

{{gwi:471122}}

Another nice Vriesea coming into flower- 'Elfi Natascha'

{{gwi:471123}}

The plant on the left is Neo. 'Tangerine'. On the right is my hybrid with Neo. 'Passion x Grace' as the seed parent, and using Neo. 'Tangerine' as the pollen parent.

{{gwi:471124}}

Finally (for this posting), here's an update of my Encholirium horridum. Started from seed 7/13/05, so it's nearly 4 years old.

{{gwi:471125}}

I've updated my web page. You can access the link from my member page.

Paul

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions