SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
country_bumpkin_al

It's Time to Introduce 'CeCe' ! His Story w/Pics (long)

country_bumpkin_al
15 years ago

To tell his story, I have to go back a bit! Some of you may remember we had a cat named Dusty! Dusty was solid gray, except for a tiny white spot on her chest. We'd had Dusty for almost 21yrs.! She wasn't a very sweet or loving cat. She lived here, we fed her and pretty much left her alone. She didn't want to be bothered/petted at all. Needless to say..after 21yrs. she'd pretty much "worn out her welcome"!lol Ronnie & I had decided when Dusty "went over the bridge"....we'd never have another cat! Dusty died last Summer and we became a cat-less household and everyone was pretty content!

CeCe's Story: Ronnie died June 21,2008 and within minutes my house and yard was full of people! Emergency people...friends...family,etc. People were everywhere! At some point I remember collapsing and just sitting down on the sidewalk! People are all around me..trying to fix something that can't be fixed....when up walks this solid gray kitty! He walks through all the people..and straight up to me. Someone asked if he was my cat and I said NO...I don't have a cat! He's not the least bit frightened or intiminated by all the people. I'm not in a frame of mind to give much thought to a stray cat that's shown up. I eventually ended up on the front porch, in a chair, in the corner! The porch is still full of people wandering around..and this cat comes up looking in the screen-door. Jasper, my Shih-Tzu doesn't like cats AT ALL. He barked and the cat just stood there. My friends husband was sitting beside the door, and he opened it and the cat walks in like he's lived here for years..like he's HOME!! He comes over and jumps up in the chair with me, then gets down and wanders over to ANDY! My friends husband said "Brenda..there's your comfort"!? I told him that NO...it was a d@mn cat!" lol I cautioned everyone to NOT feed him (you feed 'em, they never go away). I'm not sure who put him back outside or when..but I know he was stretched out in front of the screen-door the next morning! AND..he was still here the NEXT morning! This cat wasn't about to go anywhere! If he had a home...he'd moved! haha Everyone just just amazed that he wouldn't leave. I knew when I told someone to go get litter and a pan...AND cat food..that WE had a new pet! He made friends with Jasper right off (they are now "best-buds"). Andy named him CeCe (Comfort Cat)! He knows and comes when his name is called! He has the sweetest personality and is so loving. Last Sat. night (3 weeks since I lost Ronnie) I was kind of having a hard time. Everything seemed almost the same as it was THAT Sat. night. I was home alone, my neighbor was gone..Andy was gone..and then around 9:30..I heard sirens! Just kind of weird! I talked with a friend on the phone for a little bit, then got ready to go to bed. I usually crash out on the couch watching TV. That night, when I laid down, CeCe jumped up on the coffee table and just sat there for a minute staring at me. Then, he jumped over on the couch, walked to the pillow and got comfy..right behind my head. He was still there the next morning when I woke up. He'd never done that before..and hasn't done it since. Now his bed of choice is in the floor..BESIDE the couch!

So..now I'd like to introduce you to CeCe!!

{{gwi:1751047}}
{{gwi:1751048}}
Bonding with Jasper!

{{gwi:1751049}}

You really can't tell in the picture, but Jasper is wearing a John Deere collar that I'd got for him a couple of weeks before Ronnie died! AND..by this time next week, CeCe should be sporting his OWN John Deere collar...thanks to our Liz_GA!! CeCe says THANKS Liz!*S*

Comments (49)