SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
irishdescended

two aloe vera questions

irishdescended
17 years ago

Hi, I did a post in the houseplant forum, and someone directed me over here. Why I didnt post here first I dont know....Anyways heres my story..... About ten years ago I was in the desert in arizona, and came up on an old house place. The house had already long since fallen in, but there was a large aloe patch growing in front of the houses foundation. The patch was a good thirty feet across. Thinking it was neat to see such a large patch I took a few pups home. Well I also have some aloe vera I got clearenced at a local grocery store. ( you know how those clearenced plants look from the grocery store. I bought him cause I felt sorry for him. I really had to nurse him back to health.)Of course both of these aloe plants look identicle. They look like your everyday aloe vera.Except when they bloom. The one I got from the desert blooms red, but the one from the store blooms orange. And yes even there blooms look the same. I have always been curious about this and was wondering if there was aloe veras that had two different colored blooms. Ok on to question two. I got this aloe in a trade. I tried looking it up online, but never found anything. She called it aloe vera "crinkles". It looks like a regular aloe vera except the leaves twist and curl. Some like the larger ones hang in ringlets while the smaller ones just twist in funny directions. It looks like an aloe vera that got a bad perm. : ) Does anyone know anything about this aloe? I would appreciate any kind of reply to these questions.....Thanks....

Comment (1)