SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hippeastrumadmirer

I don't know what to do anymore! Help!!!!!!!!!

hippeastrumadmirer
14 years ago

My amaryllis have mites which im pretty sure I have seen them with my eye and I don't think that shults 3 in 1 would work Jodik cause these bugs live deep into the rings of the bulbs and crawl out and climb up and down of the leafs and the flower stalks, I mean I have spent tons of money on these bulbs and want to keep them, if the hot water treatment won't work then what will, It never stops, I hate these bulb companies they always supply bulbs that are diseased or have bugs into them, I mean my seed pods are even aborting because this problem is getting more and more serious as the days and weeks go by and I don't wanna loose these bulbs they are a treasure to me and I love these plants like they were my own children, I have one bulb that is marked as girrafe or girafe or giraffe when I bought it at ritchies feed & seed on october 3rd and it's november 26 or 27 and there still isn't a flower stalk that has come out yet and plus it is producing it's leafs as if it were getting ready to recharge it's energy, I mean I bought the bulb when it was dormant and it had no crazy signs of leaf growth, But I just don't know what to do anymore and my seed crosses are times themselves, I do not have apple blossom this year if you were wondering because I hear that they can abort, I can see these are white little bugs (They are not mealy bugs, What should I do and a mistake this year that I made is I put them in cactus soil because I was desperate to get them started and planted and I guess that doesn't help nourrishing the plant for it's seeds to develop, Three amaryllis I have in a pot are all red lion which im pretty sure of, but I mean there leafs are all curled up in wideness, I just don't understand how come my seedlings do so good, but these bulbs from the company are all diseased and may have traces of bugs or eggs in them? Thanks and please help, I know that alot to remember but if you want me to make it simple for you guys my biggest issue is how to get rid of these nasty mites? Thanks! My brother was mad at me three days ago and he took an amaryllis seedling out of my pot which was the best most productive one out of all of them and just squashed the bulb and killed im so sad!!!!! Please help me with the mites, Sorry for being a pest good day, Phil. :)

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions