SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nina_goldman28

So confused! I don't even know my own taste anymore!

Nina
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Finally getting to redo my kitchen. I am pretty sure I am going with Flooret planks, and my contractor works with DuraSupreme cabinets. I am going with the Hanover cabinet which is a variation on shaker. After that I get confused.

Cabinet guy was suggesting Maple, and I was going to go with that. Considering shell gray or a "toast" color. But then I started gravitating toward the Quarter Sawn Red Oak because I liked the grainier look. I liked the Mission color, but my husband and daughter didn't like the reddish tone and pushed for a truer dark brown like "hazelnut". So I am confused again.

Also, the Flooret floors don't seem to easily go with the colors of the cabinets I am looking at, with the excpetion of the gray Maple with the Ashford (grayish) floor. And I'm not sure I love all that gray together.

Then, reading Houzz, I see that oak seems to be out of favor, and that white (which I really don't like) and gray are popular. I probably won't be moving/selling for 5+ years, and I want a kitchen that I love but I also don't want something that others will look on as out of date when it is new!!

So you know my tast:, I tend to love mission, craftsman, rustic and farmhouse looks.

So, I guess I am asking: what is really NOT in style, how do you match woods (or vinyl masquerading as wood!) between floor and cabinets, and how do I decide on such a big purchase??

Comments (22)