SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geebus_gw

I'm Getting Better!

geebus
14 years ago

Hello Garden Webbers!

I posted previously about one of my plants that had completely transformed in a matter of weeks. Well I have given it back to the morning sun and it's changing its tune already, amazing what 10 days can do to a plant! I never knew conditions dictated appearance to such a degree until seeing this with my own eyes and hope the pictures show others just what a bit of a position change can do to a plant!

Original Plant Getting Dappled Midday Sun

{{gwi:454731}}

Moved into Full Shade for a Month

{{gwi:454732}}

Moved back into Morning Sun for 10 Days.

{{gwi:454733}}

In other news I cleaned out some more of the fence line today and found a rather large patch of broms tucked under a bunch of horrible overgrown Elephant Ear Palm.

{{gwi:454734}}

It's pouring rain at the moment so I can't get out there to get a good bloom photo but I will as soon as possible, a solid 15 or so blooms that I could count from the back balcony. Very happy indeed!

Lastly an update on my continued seed growth thanks to Nev's great guide! I have moved a couple of the batches around to get better sun and I seem to have two types of seeds going, some small white / albino looking plants and a lot of happy little green seedlings. Fingers crossed they continue to survive all this rain and cold weather! Will post some pics when I can venture out into the shade house.

My house is under a cloud of flu at the moment, me, the little man (8 months old yesterday!) and my partner all cooped up on the couch together. Its not much fun not getting out to finish the gardens!

Regards

Gordon.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio
More Discussions