SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misssherryg

Big Moth Experts - Need Help!!

MissSherry
16 years ago

You know my luna moth that's the subject of the long thread? It's in its cage, coupled with a yellowy colored luna moth!! I thought my "guy" had big enough antennaes to be a male, but apparently not, or the yellowy one is a female that found him! I assume they'll stay this way all day, since they're not likely to fly off in the day time - is this right? I've got a paper bag I saved just for this. Do I put both of them in it this evening? I want to get some eggs, but even if I do, what do I do with them? The sweet gums are just starting to leaf out, so I'd rather them not hatch too soon. Should I keep them in the fridge if I get any? Should I just let the female go lay eggs where she wants, assuming they'll hatch when the weather is warmer? It's supposed to go down to about 32F either tonight or tomorrow night - can't shake this winter weather totally. I'm also so excited I can hardly type this post!

Kwoods, cecropia, somebody, please answer!!

Sherry

P.S. I'm afraid to make their picture now, for fear it might make them disengage - maybe I can get one later. Their color sure is different!

Comments (35)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES