SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

A Pixie problem - bad news/good news

Dear Listers,
I had posted in another thread that I had a problem with one of my "H. Pixie" bulbs. I contacted Living Gardens to discuss a replacement.

It was brought to my attention by the president of Living Gardens that there was a mix up in their receipt of H. Pixie versus some other hybrid from the grower. This has been made evident by the blooms in their test gardens (see image), which had not been reported prior to shipping bulbs. Living Gardens apparently was sent the incorrect bulbs by the exporter and they will not be offering H. Pixie this season.

These small white blooms still have loads of potential. They are most likely H. Panatella, H. Trentino, or a similar "small white". Living Gardens will work with anyone who bought H. Pixie; they are sorry for the inconvenience. They were quite disappointed about the mixup, and understand how disappointed we may be as well. Please contact living gardens customer service (customerservice@livinggardens.com) if you have further questions.

The good news, I received this morning directly from Charles Barhoorn, who also apologized for the error related to the mispacking of "H.Pixie". Small quantities of Thai Thai may be offered in 2014, but certainly should be available in 2015! Thai Thai is undergoing extensive multiplication in the lab. They thought they might have some bulbs to offer this year, but the bulbs were too small. Some may be available next year...but 2015 isn't that far off!!

Mr. Barnhoorn went on to state that they have pulled a record number of new crosses this year that have been marked for multiplication and eventual introduction to production. This means that the next few years should be filled with exciting new Hippeastrum hybrids.

Sorry to be the messenger.
K

Comments (34)

Sponsored
More Discussions