SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bromadams

bromeliad photography

bromadams
15 years ago

Anybody have any photography tips that they want to share? So far, I'm a bad bromeliad photographer. In traditional American fashion, I've thrown some money at the problem and ordered a macro/portrait lens for my DSLR. It should be much more useful than the "kit" lens that came with the camera. But still, my technique needs to be improved.

I struggle with things like, sun or no sun; flash or no flash; background or ground; top or side shot...

I'm tempted to build or acquire some sort of light diffuser so that I can take full sun shots without the shadows. I'm also interested in a dark background "thing" that I can put into place when appropriate. I don't want to do a brom studio like you see in a lot of the bromdex shots. That gets boring real quick and I want to take decent pictures when I'm away from the "studio".

I've been reading up on orchid photography, but that seems to be much easier since orchid photography mostly involves shooting the flowers and the plants are almost always smaller than bromeliads and they aren't known for their foliage.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
More Discussions